What are MAST permits?

There are two types of Washington MAST permits:

Washington MAST Bartending Class 12 Mixologist Permit

PSCC will provide you a Class 12 permit if you are 21 or older. A Class 12 permit allows you to:
  • Draw alcohol from tap and mix drinks;
  • Perform duties included in the Class 13 permit; and
  • Manage the establishment
  • Conduct beer and wine tastings at a grocery store with a tasting endorsement
  • At least one Class 12 permit holder must be on duty

Washington MAST Class 13 Servers Permit

PSCC will provide you a Class 13 Permit if you are 18 to 20 years old. This permit allows you to:
  • Take alcohol orders, and
  • Carry alcohol to the customer and pour it into a customer's glass at the customer's table
  • You may be eligible to upgrade to a Class 12 Permit once you turn 21. Contact PSCC for more information.

Lookup a Washington MAST Bartender Permit
You may check the authenticity of a MAST permit by using the MAST Permit Checker.